Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Carriage Ride


Carriage Ride, It's me riding a horse carriage back to my house from a party. Behind me is Cinderella's humble abode. Originally uploaded by michaelongline.

Typically, riding on a horse carriage, especially in this part of the country is no big deal. However, riding it back to my house from a party is rather rare. Come to think of it, isn't it kind of like Cinderella? I live in a historic neighborhood and many people are very proud of their homes. A neighbor of mind threw a 100th Birthday party for his house. The event was rather elaborate. He even hired actors to play the previous owners, in period costumes! Of course, a big mansion with a carriage house is incomplete without a real horse carriage. Thanks to Eric for tipping the Cowboy and "Mike" 5 bucks. Pretty generous for a one-block ride.

No comments: