Wednesday, November 24, 2004

First (Thunder)snow of the Season

This year's weather has been rather strange. I think we had the most the-weather-is-so-beautiful-I-wish-I-could-take-the-rest-of-the-day-off days this year. Very mild spring. Comfortable summer. And gorgeous and stretched out autumn. The foliage has never been so vibrant. Just last week, we had a balmy near 70 day in mid November! Of course, mother nature decided to surpise us with an early snow right before Thanksgiving. It was just rain earlier, but now the sound of rain is gone, and rain has totally changed into big white flakes. (Wow, I just heard the rumbling sound of thunder!) I think the snow and thunder combination is a rare phenomenon. Looks like the ground is not cold enough for any accumulation, but the grassy area has been blanketed already with snow. It is always fun to wake up in the morning and not knowing what to expect outside the window. It is even doubly fun, if you don't have to go to work that morning. Hurray!

2 comments:

Jekisca said...

mmmmm passing through thanks to the little button on the upper left side of the screen

so where is the picture of what you see.. though you are good with words.. seasons don't change that much around here in cali... so consider your self lucky

michaelongline said...

I'll save the picture taking when there's enough light outside. Less than 30 mins after I posted the blog, the snow got heavier and there were even more thunder and lightning. I'm predicting pretty white tomorrow morning and I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures then.
Thanks for your comment, Jessica.